About Smart and Skilled
- Who is Eligible for Smart and Skilled?
- How much will Smart and Skilled Training Cost?
- Visit the Smart and Skilled Website for more information
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) system. It’s helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
Wentworth College is pleased to offer the following qualifications subsidised by the NSW Government:
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
- CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
- CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- CHC43315 Certificate IV in Mental Health
- CHC52015 Diploma of Community Service
From 1 January 2015, Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- Government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
OTHER ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS
Your eligibility is not affected if you have completed a vocational education and training (VET) course, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship, as part of your high school education. There are also some exceptions to the eligibility conditions described above, such as for Aboriginal people who live in specific, defined areas outside the NSW border
ELIGIBILITY FOR APPRENTICES AND TRAINEES
NSW apprentices and some new-entrant trainees may be eligible for a government subsidy for the training that supports their apprenticeship or traineeship. If you have already completed a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification, this does not affect your eligibility.
For further information, see the Smart & Skilled website.
Please click here for NSW Student Handbook for the following information:
Smart and Skilled Pre Enrolment policy
Smart and Skilled Notification of Enrolment
Smart and Skilled Fee and refund Policy
Smart and Skilled RPL
Smart and Skilled Credit Transfers
Smart and Skilled Customer Protection Policy
Smart and Skilled Code of Practice
Smart and Skilled Subcontractor Arrangements
Smart and Skilled Reasonable Adjustment
Smart and Skilled Learner Support
Smart and Skilled Complaints & Appeals Process
Smart and Skilled Deferral or Withdrawal from Training
Smart and Skilled Unique Learner Identifier (USI)